Plans for the extensive development and improvement of St Marks have been given outline approval. The mixed-use development has the potential to generate between 1,400 and 2,000 new jobs in Lincoln, as well as attracting new retailers to the city. It will also create new private and affordable housing and retail space.
A detailed application is now being developed, but initial proposals include:
- Up to 485,000 sq ft of new retail and leisure
- Up to 150 new residential units
- 1, 368 new student residences
- A hotel of up to 130 rooms
- A car park of up to 1,100 spaces
- Over 1,300 dedicated secure cycle spaces across the site
The proposals improve links between St Marks and the rest of the city as well as much better public open space, particularly along the riverside.
Now outline permission has been granted, work is underway on a detailed application and the earliest construction is likely to begin is 2020. The development would take approximately three years to build. You can see images of the proposed scheme here.
Download copies of the materials available at the consultation events in November 2016.